“Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.” -selected
It’s still fresh to many the untimely death of an elite runner Ryan Shay, who died while running in a bid to qualify for the Olympics. He ran all his life, was physically fit before that tragedy happened and so the running community can’t believe the horrific ordeal that befell on this gifted man.
And so, I asked myself this question…what if I die while running?
First and foremost, I have no regrets in choosing this sports.
Running became my life and my day is not complete without it.
It’s better to die this way although God forbid it to happen. I still have so many plans, goals, books to read, races to join, kids to supervise…and countless of so many things to accomplish including my mission to share the GOOD NEWS.
However, death will visit us in God’s appointed time and no one knows when it will be. And so before that day comes, let me share my thoughts on this issue before it’s too late…
If I die while running…
1. Don’t be sad. I’m in a better ‘place.’ While some will weep, I want the majority of you to rejoice because I started as a runner and died as a runner.
2. I want bloggers-runners to defend this sports we love because some unbelievers and skeptics will antagonize our passion for running because of my death. Tell them that I’m alright and I wish that more runners will rise as a result of what had happened to me.
3. I wish that this blog will continue and hoping that a club carrying it’s name will emerge, so that there’s a continuity for my advocacy.
4. My remaing singlets and shoes should be given to any of my running friends, or to any worthy cause.
5. My body organs and parts must be donated to those in need.
And I want to see my running friends to slowly jog, instead of walking or riding in their vehicles as they bring me to my final resting place.
And this writing will appear on my tombstone: “This man loves to run and so the Lord took him while running!” -runnerforchrist
God be Praised!
LORD, I AM NOT PRAYING FOR A LONGER LIFE, BUT A FRUITFUL ONE!