“Let the people know the truth and the country is safe” -Abraham Lincoln
When I heard that a super typhoon ‘Pepeng’ was about to hit our country, I called-up three of my Prayer Partners in the Church and although we’re hundred of miles apart, we agreed to have our ‘prayer and fasting for 2 meals’ and devoted quality of our time in supplication to our God. However, our faith was further put to the test when the President declared, ‘our country under the state of calamity’ but we lingered on and with the help of our countrymen who also prayed, a miracle happened. Pepeng suddenly changed its course and majority of us were spared.
Thank You, Lord.
But this world seems not safe anymore.
The latest tsunami in Samoa and the earthquake in Indonesia showed that chaos and catastrophes can happen anytime and anywhere in the world. The global warming, wars, famines, diseases, to name just a few…
What can we learn from this?
It’s simple. Go to the safest place on earth…
But where is it?
1. In your car? Avoid riding in automobiles because they are responsible for 20% of all fatal accidents.
2. In your mansion? Do not stay at home because 17% of all accidents occur in the home.
3. On the street? Avoid walking on streets or sidewalks because 14% of all accidents occur to pedestrians.
4. Avoid traveling by air, rail, or water because 16% of all accidents involve these forms of transportation.
5. Of the remaining 33%, 32% of all deaths occur in Hospitals. So, above all else, avoid hospitals.
BUT, you will be pleased to learn that only .001% of all deaths occur in worship services in church, and these are usually related to previous physical disorders. Therefore, logic tells us that the safest place for you to be at any given point in time is at church!
And, Bible study is safe too. The percentage of deaths during Bible study is even less.
So, for SAFETY’S sake, attend church, and read your Bible IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE!
Sounds funny, but in moments like these…this can give a lasting comfort.
God be Praised!