“Take care of yourself. Eat well, rest, train hard and smart, make time to think and breathe. Be intentional with your time.”
-Kristin Armstrong, Author and runner
Runners of our generation are more blessed than those runners of older times, maybe not in terms of speed (Is Haile/Bolt faster than Jessie Owens/Eric Liddell?) but in terms of technology and comfort. Through innovation and modernization, we have the luxury of using the latest gadgets, tools, instruments and apparels on which our running forefathers didn’t experienced. Thanks for those companies who never stop their quest in bringing out the best in runners. What if running shoes were not invented and we used those sneakers intended for basketball?
In terms of inventions, I have here with me my top list. You may disagree with some of them but I believe you will like the majority of it.
1. Portable Toilets – Do I need to elaborate the importance of this? : )
2. Running shoes -as I mentioned earlier.
3. Running strollers -I’m so inspired whenever seeing a runner have this one and his love one in front of him. I admire you, Bro. Craig Logan.
4. Energy gels -without these, finishing an Ultramarathon is impossible. Well, that is for me. I don’t know the others.
5. Breathable fabrics -those climalite, climacool etc. Try running wearing a basketball jersey and see the difference.
6. Heart Rate Monitors -Ahhh, I always wear this while running. I should not only strengthen my legs but I must protect my heart too.
7. Spyder Sunglasses
9. Gatorade/Pocari Sweat and the likes.
10. Sports Bras
Thanks for reading. I’ll try to join PAU Mt. Pinatubo Trail Run this coming Saturday and I already registered in Adidas King Of The Road this coming Oct. 24, 2010 and of course, in QCIM 42k on Dec 2010. Soon and and very soon, I’ll be visible again in the races.
Let me end my sharing for today with a quote coming from a soldier, Wilfredo Melendez…
“Running changed my life as it will change yours, just give it a chance. Once you get that blood moving, it’s show time!”
See you at the road.
To God be the Glory!