“It’s really hard to fight a big opponent, bigger than me. I gave it my best. And I can’t believe that I beat someone this big, this strong,” -Manny Pacquiao
As an avid fan of yours, let me tell you my insight regarding your last fight with Antonio ‘Tijuana Tornado’ Margarito…
1. I wish that’s the last fight at 150 pounds category. You could have knock-out everybody including the likes of Floyd Mayweather that night, except Margarito. He is too big and too heavy for you. “ Your trainer Ariza put it this way and I quote, “It was like chopping down a big tree with a hammer instead of a big ax.” So, don’t do that again.
2. While it’s true that mother knows best, please don’t bring Mommy Dionisia with you to watch your fight “LIVE.” She collapsed in the middle of your game and if you will know that, for sure, that will give you another burden. Admonish her to stay in her hotel and just watch it on pay per view.
3. You developed another counter attack in your arsenal and that’s good for you. Punching with a right hook and then suddenly swaying on your right side is a good sign that you have adjusted for this fight. You can use that in your future fights.
4. Don’t retire yet in boxing. Give us 3-4 more fights. We are so fortunate to have a boxer like you living in our epoch and this will not happen again for a long, long time. We want to savor it, enjoy it, feel it. With the right attitude and proper training, nobody can beat you.
5. Since you’re the pound for pound boxing icon in the entire planet at this moment, demand the Organizer to have your next bout to be held here in our country so that we could watch you LIVE. Let the foreigners come and visit the Philippines to watch you. You can help our tourism that way. It will not give you more financial profit but your people will love you more because of that.
6. You don’t need Floyd Mayweather. That guy will not fight you because he is afraid to have his unbeaten record put at stake, and for sure, you can beat him. Stop wasting your time chasing that guy. But if he will fight, that will be the ‘fight of the century.’
7. I admire you more when you take good care of Margarito. I’m so impressed that while fighting, you called the attention of the referee to check the condition of your foe who was swelling caused by your vicious punches on his face. That act of yours was legendary, a mark of a true gentleman.
8. Continue to stay humble and generous.
9. I’m very proud of you Manny. Congratulations!
10. And lastly, for the sake of multitude of runners, please organize a running event here tag as “Pambansang Kamao Marathon” since you are also an elite runner. That would be great! : )
People’s Champ Manny Pacquiao
See you at the road.
God be Praised.
“What you make happen for others God will make happen for you.”